Back home
Whole College

Farewell and thank you from the Head of Secondary

Posted: December 11, 2015

Dear Parents and Community

It is officially my last school day today and I wanted to say a farewell and thank you to you all.

I have been privileged to work at DC since just prior to its opening and will always remember fondly the early days at the Lai King Campus back in May 2008. Each year has brought something new, which has been a huge part of the excitement. Working at a school where my children attend was a new experience for me – all adding to why I will cherish my time here.

Thank you for your ongoing support and critique over the years. Both have been factors in making DC the school it is today – a school I am very proud to have been a part of and a school that will continue to go from strength to strength.

Thank you for trusting us with your children’s education – I am constantly amazed at the calibre of our young people as they prepare for life beyond DC and DB. The partnership we form with you in making that happen and seeing them acquit themselves so well, is why I love what I do.

Living in the community in which you work is not a foreign concept for us coming from some small towns in New Zealand. We have enjoyed that and Discovery Bay was no exception. While moving more recently to Tung Chung, we have always felt included in the DB Community and through work, our kids and activities, feel we have made many good friends – again, thank you.

We leave with great memories, excited at the new opportunities ahead and at the same time apprehensive, knowing the incredible quality of what we leave behind.

I hope you will embrace James Smith and his family in the same way you embraced me and mine. With your ongoing support, DC is in good hands and I look forward to following its continued growth.

Kindest regards

Andy Kai Fong