Back home
Secondary

‘Big Week’ – Interdisciplinary teaching and learning in the MYP

Posted: June 1, 2018

Congratulations to all students and staff on the success of DC’s first ‘Big week’. All MYP students from Y7-11 participated in a range of interdisciplinary inquiries into housing, natural hazards, freedom of speech, wealth distribution and sports science; with most of these exploring the bigger question of ‘What is the future of Hong Kong?’

Under the guidance of their teachers, students learned to integrate various disciplinary perspectives in the pursuit of building new and sophisticated understandings of these topics. All inquiries culminated in a variety of performances of understanding, including art installations, dramatic and musical performances, presentations and the production of documentary films.

The feedback collected from students has been overwhelmingly positive. Observations like this one from a Y7 student captured the essence of the spirit of ‘Big week’, I used to think Hong Kong history is not fun and it is boring. Now I think it is really interesting and I want to know even more, I am excited for the next field trip.