Once again DC will be hosting the ICAS test in March 2015. ICAS provides an opportunity for all students to gain a measure of their own achievement in an external testing situation. It provides teachers, parents and students with comprehensive reporting of results in the areas of English, mathematics and science.
All students who choose to enter the competition receive a certificate and an individual student report indicating which questions they answered correctly and their score compared with the rest of the students tested.
If you would like your child to participate please download and return the ICAS Permission Note and entry fee to DC in an envelope by Friday 5 December 2014.
Certificates are awarded for each year level as follows:
- High Distinction to the top 1% of entrants
- Distinction to the next 10% of entrants
- Credit to the next 25% of entrants
- Participation to all other participating students
A medal is awarded in each subject for the top score in HK in each year level. DC has a strong history with 15 previous medal winners. Last Year Kevin Xin, Yan Yau Cheng and Ella Robert-Edwards won medals.
- The Primary competition will be held on 8.30-12.30pm Saturday 14 March 2014
- The Secondary competition will be held on 8.30-1pm Saturday 21 March 2014
- English, Mathematics and Writing – Yr 4 – Yr 13,
- Science – Yr 5 –Y13
For more information please visit www.eaa.unsw.edu.au