It was the biggest and best yet – wonderful games, activities and arts & crafts, delicious food stalls, delectable commercial & charity stalls and perfect weather all made for a fabulous Family Fun Day last Saturday. It was great to see so many DC families and visitors from the whole community there to enjoy the gorgeous afternoon.
THANK YOU to all the parents, teachers, students and support staff who volunteered – Family Fun Day would not be the huge success it is without all of your help. And thank you DC parent Jane Robbins for so ably heading the Family Fun Day organising team.
Highlights of the day included:
- Wonderful music performances by DC’s talented students and entertaining displays by DB-based groups
- DC parents – you outdid yourselves with the delicious selection of international food stalls and enticing cake stall donations.
- Activities kept tiny totts to teens entertained, including bouncy castles, messy play area, trash or treasure game, HIT Room spin cycle challenge and student-run face painting, coloured hairspray, sponge the teacher, DC challenge and soccer shootout
- Fun arts & crafts organised by Primary parents
- A new hit this year for tweens and teens was the hilarious Bubble Soccer
- Many attendees enjoyed the wonderful variety of commercial and charity stalls, student-run Mendoza backpack stall, second-hand book stall and mini photo shoots by Highjump Photography
Congratulations to the winners of the wonderful prizes in the Family Fun Day Raffle. And to the winners of The HIT Room Student vs Teacher Spin Cycle ‘How Fast Can You Cycle 2km’ Challenge:
– Fastest Teacher – Nigel Phillips – 1.56 minutes to cycle 2km
– Fastest Boy – Nathaniel Gordon – 2.20 minutes to cycle 2km
– Fastest Girl – Keira Higgins – 2.23 minutes to cycle 2km
Overall fastest this year is the teachers. Mr Phillips wins as 5-class spin package at The Hit Room. Runner up students receive a Hit Room workout towel and drink bottle. Prizes can be collected from the PTA Shop.
Thank you to the many companies and local businesses who supported Family Fun Day – with sponsorship and donations of goods and services – including Uncle Russ coffee shops and Oldham, Li & Nie law firm, ESF Sports, Relosmart, Salon de Coiffure, Chartwells, Amscan Asia, Jumping Castles, Bubble Soccer HK, Life Solutions, Mendoza, Highjump Photography, HIT Room, Messy Play, Discoveryland, Bookazine, Bayside Dental, Movement Improvement, DB Green, Little Whale and more.
Photos courtesy Neil Robbins and Tommy Cheung