Although we have had very few cases of influenza recently, we would like to remind all parents to monitor your child’s temperature every day before school in accordance with recommendations from the Center for Health Protection (CHP). Please do not send your child to school if they show any flu-like symptoms including coughing, runny nose or fever. Also, please be encouraged to take the following measures to help prevent respiratory illnesses and influenza.
- Build up a good body immunity by having a proper diet, regular exercise, and adequate sleep
- Maintain good personal and environmental hygiene
- Wash hands after sneezing or coughing
- Maintain good ventilation
- Avoid crowded places with poor ventilation
- Do not send Children to school with fever or respiratory problems
- Children should not attend school until 48 hours after their fever and symptoms have subsided
- Continue to monitor temperatures at home
Your vigilance and cooperation will help us maintain a healthy school environment for our children during flu season.
Emily Grant & Sarah Walker