On Saturday, several DC students participated in a Hong Kong Chess Federation Inter-school competition. Congratulations to these students who performed very well in the competition:
- Nathan Chang (Y1) won 1st prize in the category Primary Under 5
- Mei Jing Garceran Wang (Y4) won prize of Best Girl Primary
- Miguel Angel Garceran Wang (Y5) won 1st Prize in the category Primary U10
- Richard Takasumi (Y7) won 4th Prize in Secondary
- Together with the points of Seth Peramunetilleke (P3) and Noah Chan (P3) the Primary players won 3rd Prize for Schools.
In addition, Mei Jing Garceran Wang, Miguel Angel Garceran Wang and Richard Takasumi were selected to represent Hong Kong at the upcoming World School Championship Chess in Thailand in May. It is rare to have three students from one school selected for such an event, so we are especially proud of these three students.