Back home
Primary

Another successful Year 6 Exhibition

Posted: May 29, 2015

What is an Action Hero? For many parents, staff and special guests who attended last night’s Y6 Exhibition the answer was extremely clear. On show were 90 amazing, passionate and knowledgeable action heroes. The students shared their inquiries into a range of issues that have both a local and global impact on the world in which we live. Students spoke about not only what they had learned about their issue, but also what they have or will be doing to take action and make a difference. Through individual advocacy speeches, group board presentations, art work, drama and music performances, each and every child demonstrated many attributes of the IB learner profile.

I, like many others, walked away from last night’s event extremely proud of what our Y6 students had achieved and I would like to congratulate them all on a wonderful exhibition.

I would also like to acknowledge all staff who supported the exhibition process. Last night I highlighted individuals and groups who assisted the students, which was an extensive list, however I think it would be fair to say that it was a ‘TEAM’ effort from all at DC.

Chris Barr, Head of Primary