This year the annual Discovery Culture Festival photography competition was opened up to all year groups and we were delighted with the wonderful entries received from students of all ages.
Judges Peter Lasscock, Deputy Head of School, professional photographer Claire Fraser of Highjump Photography and Michelle Mouton, Communications and Development Manager at DC, were impressed with the high technical standards of entries and the fascinating subjects students chose to photograph.
There were three age categories – Junior (Years 1-5), Middle (Years 6-9) and Senior (Years 10-13).
And the winners are…
- Junior: Rhoda Ip, Y4, “The Bubble Streak”
- Middle: Aria Desloge, Y7, “Lantern Festival Silhouette”
- Senior: Simran Sawhney, Y13, “The Light of the Taj”
- Junior: Reese Tan, Y3 and Ved Hardas, Y3
- Middle: Dito Von Der Luehe, Y9 and Ho Ming Yung, Y8
- Senior: Csoban Balogh, Y11, Jona Puentespina, Y12 and Katie Chen, Y11
Thank you to DB’S Zak’s Restaurant and Highjump Photography who generously sponsored the competition prizes. The Junior category winner receives a Fuji Mini 25 instant print camera in white, the Middle winner receives a GoPro Hero 4 Camera, and the Senior winner receives both a GoPro Hero 4 Camera and a one-on-one workshop with photographer Claire Fraser. Commendation Certificates will be awarded to the runners-up.
The winning photos in each category can be seen below and will be placed on display in school.