Back home
Secondary

DC students named ‘Best Delegate’ at MUN conference

Posted: November 27, 2015

DC’s Model United Nations (MUN) group took part in the MUN conference held at Victoria Shanghai Academy on 14-15 October. The DC students had a very successful weekend with two students, Jason Lan, Y8, and Fergus Condon, Y7, being named ‘Best Delegate.’  Reflecting on his experience at the conference, Jason Lan said:

MUN is a great opportunity for me, and I am extremely happy to be able to join it. I really like MUN because it’s a combination of not just debate, but also politics, communicating, and a genuine understanding of the United Nations. The conference last week was an extremely enjoyable experience. I have been able to improve my debating skills immensely which is extremely important for me, as it means that I can positively influence others with my ideas. This is also a big part of the reason why I managed to get Best Delegate, which is a great honour for me. I am looking forward to the next conference as it will mean another experience that will help me improve my debating skills.