DC’s biggest event and annual fundraiser is tomorrow, Saturday 28 November, 12 noon to 5pm. Please read below important info about this amazing day.
Parents – Please volunteer just one hour to make this day a success: We can’t do it without your help! Trash or Treasure Game, Human Foosball, Bubble Soccer, Bouncy Castles. If you cannot help on the day, we need help setting up on Friday night and Saturday morning. Contact the PTA shop or click here to sign up.
- Items for ‘Trash or Treasure’– New or gently used toys, games, stationery, other small gift ideas. Please bring donations to school and place in the ‘Trash or Treasure drop box’ at the school entrance.
- Items for the Raffle – Students are raffling wonderful hampers full of exciting goodies. Don’t forget to buy your tickets! Thank you to the organisations who have kindly donated to the student raffle.
- Please bake for the Cake Stall….Cakes, cupcakes, muffins, slices, biscuits…all donations gratefully received! Bring to the Cake Stall on the morning of Family Fun Day and see Ashley Wang. Must be nut-free. Any questions email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Going Green: This year we are further minimising the waste created at Family Fun Day by asking you to use your own cups/water bottles, plates and/or cutlery to enjoy the delicious items from our food stalls. Not only is it a great thing to do, you could win a fabulous prize for your effort. You may also wish to bring your own container or bag to take home the delicious treats from the Cake Stall.
What’s planned for this year’s big day?
HUGE FUN for everyone! Bring your family and friends to enjoy a wonderful afternoon of:
- Bands, choir and musical entertainment by DC students
- Performances including dance, kids aerobics, Judo, karate, capoeira and Zumba
- Delicious international food stalls and the DC cake stall
- Fun arts & crafts in the ground floor Cafeteria
- Face painting, nail painting and coloured hairspray in the Granite Courtyard on the lower ground floor
- New this year includes – Human Foosball, Lasertag and a Nerfgun Challenge.
- Games including ‘Sponge the Teacher’, ‘Trash or Treasure’, ‘Messy Play’, ’Soccer shootout’ and much more. Thank you ESF Sports for supporting our Games Area.
- A drinks station supported by Chartwells
- Bouncy castles from Jumping Castles HK, on the foreshore
- ‘Guess the weight of the cake’ and ‘Guess the number of jellybeans in the jar’ (at the cake stall)
- Come and see Santa in Santa’s Grotto!
- A wonderful selection of commercial and charity stalls
Having fun at the fair is thirsty work…Thank you Life Solutions for providing FREE water dispensers near the food stalls. Students, parents – bring a water bottle and fill up FOR FREE throughout the day!
Stamp cards – buy early and get 10% discount
Stamp cards are used for many activities at Family Fun Day. Cards are $100 each and have space for 10 stamps. If you pre-purchase, you will enjoy an ‘early bird 10% discount’ and pay only $90. Stamp cards are on sale through Friday 27 November at the PTA Shop. Cards can be purchased at Family Fun Day at the school entrance for $100 per card.
Food and cake stalls, drinks station, commercial stalls will be payable by cash.
Thank you sponsors and supporters
Thank you to our annual sponsors Relosmart Asia, Lifestyle Homes and IMI for their support of Family Fun Day. Also a big thank you to ESF Sports for sponsoring the Game Zone, and Around DB for being our supporting publication.
Thank you to the community minded businesses who have contributed products, services and support in so may ways.
- Highjump Photography
- Jumping Castles HK
- DB Green
- Movement Improvement
- and many more!
Thank you to all the wonderful parents, staff and students busy preparing for the big day. We look forward to seeing you there.