People with a growth mindset believe that their most basic abilities can be developed through dedication and hard work—brains and talent are just the starting point. This view creates a love of learning and a resilience that is essential for great accomplishment.
This term, the whole College will be focusing on developing and strengthening learners with growth mindsets. Each week a new concept will be introduced and deepened within classrooms. Through the Explorer, the week’s concept will also be shared with parents.
Throughout this term, all students will be:
- Sharing their current beliefs and understandings they hold about intelligence and abilities
- Learning about neuroplasticity (how the brain grows)
- Identifying the differences between a fixed mindset and a growth mindset and learn to recognize these in their own learning
- Understanding the concept of ‘constructive struggle’ and how to put themselves in this zone
- Valuing the process of learning and importance of mistakes
- Celebrating their growth and the journey of learning
To understand more about the importance of nurturing a growth mindset in your children, please watch the video below, Growth Mindset Animation: