In March this year around 200 DC students participated in 1 or more of the International Competitions & Assessments for Schools (ICAS) competition papers. The results have just arrived at the school. DC students again performed exceptionally well with 36 High Distinctions (top 1% in HK), 160 Distinctions (next 10%) and 271 Credits (next 25%).
The ICAS Medal is awarded to the student who gains the top score in a competition across the whole of Hong Kong in that year level. From the results it appears that another DC student will win a medal for Writing in Y11, however we are yet to received the official confirmation.
If so, this outstanding young person will join 17 previous DC medal winners in English, Writing, Mathematics and Science over the last 5 years.
Congratulations to High Distinction Students – Representing the top 1% in Hong Kong
- Y13: Writing – Nicholas Beale
- Y12: Writing – Ella Robert-Edwards / English – Ella Robert-Edwards, Hershikka Tourani
- Y11: Writing – Cherie Ho, Emma Escott, Jennifer Allardice, Miyu Kurosawa, Ron Tso / English – Alex Cheung, Cherie Ho, Dhiras Tourani, Ron Tso / Mathematics – Howard Cheng
- Y10: Writing – Kevin Xin / English – Kelly Su, Ellen Thompson / Science – Kevin Xin
- Y9: Writing – Mihika Jindal / English – Kenzuo Tang, Mihika Jindal, Skye Fung / Science – Georgy Privalov
- Y8: Writing – Seojin Park, Yu Ngai Ning / English – Havanna Ho, Lan Jiesong, Samira Salwan, Yu Ngai Ning
- Y7: English – Kimberley Wee
- Y5: Writing – Aleesha Naqvi / Mathematics – Aidan Leung
- Y4: English – Maddie Tsai, Yashasvini Agarwal / Mathematics – Kian Heathman
International Competitions & Assessments for Schools (ICAS) – Certificates will be distributed soon
Individual ICAS results and certificates for students who entered the competition will be distributed to students in the next two weeks. ICAS provides an opportunity for all students to gain a measure of their own achievement in an external testing situation against other students in Hong Kong. Participation at DC is voluntary.
When you receive your results please note:
- Competition papers are assessed at HK local school equivalent age levels: DC Yr 4, = P3, DC Yr 5 = P4, DC Yr 6 = P5, DC Yr 7 = P6, DC Yr 8 = HK F1, DC Yr9 = HK F2, DC Yr10 = HK F3, DC Yr11 = HK F4, DC Yr 12 = HK F5, DC Yr 13 = HK F6
- Students who sat the test did exceptionally as a group, however individual results are only ONE indicator of your child’s ability. They occur on a particular day at a particular time and many factors can affect performance including attitude, nerves, experience in sitting tests etc.
- As students fill out the name information themselves there may be a few certificates that need corrections.
Application procedure for change requests:
- Change request form can be obtained from:
- ICAS HK Office
- by fax 2511 9288
- by email info@firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit the request form to ICAS through the channels above.
- A charge of $50HK per level/per subject will be levied by ICAS for change requests received after 8 July 2016.