In only a day’s time the best family event of the year is back at Discovery College – Family Fun Day! We have a whole lot of fun planned for everyone. Bring your family and friends this Saturday to enjoy a wonderful afternoon of:
- delicious international food stalls from Canada, China, Germany, India, the Mediterranean, Japan, Korea, the Philippines, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Thailand, the United Kingdom, the United States of America, as well as a Plant-based stall and the Discovery College Cake Stall
- face painting, nail painting and coloured hairspray in the Granite Courtyard on the LG/F
- bands, choir and musical entertainment by DC students
- performances including dance, kids aerobics, judo, karate, yoga, Capoeira and Zumba
- Bubble Soccer, Laser-tag from Epicland and the Texas Shoot-Out Nerf Gun Challenge
- games including Dunk the Teacher, Scavenger Hunt, Climbing Wall and many more
- Discovery College teacher-run bar
- bouncy castles from Jumping Castles HK on the foreshore
- Tombola with a great selection of prizes to be won for the whole family
- a wonderful selection of commercial and charity stalls
Please volunteer for just one hour to help with an activity
We can’t do it without your help. The Tombola game, drinks station, bouncy castles, Texas Shoot-out Game and the Cake Stall all need volunteers. Please click HERE to sign up.
Stamp cards on sale now
You will need a stamp card to ‘pay’ for most games. You can buy discounted chop cards for $90 this week at the school entrance before and after school or in the PTA shop the rest of the time. Cards will also be available on the day at $100 for 10 chops.
Calling all bakers!
Cakes, cupcakes, muffins, slices, biscuits, all donations will be gratefully received by the Cake Stall. Please bring your donations on Saturday morning at 9.00am to the Cake Stall. No nuts please.
We have some great prizes already including vouchers, wine, kids games and luxury food, We NEED more donations of wine, chocolates, bath goodies, toys, games etc. You can drop off your Tombola give-away goodies at the PTA shop until Friday afternoon.
Bring your own reusable plate with you on Saturday and support the DC Green Cobras in making our events more environmentally friendly. If you forget to bring your own, you can borrow one for a small, returnable, deposit. Please bring your filled water bottle which you can re-fill throughout the day using our DC water fountains.
We are looking forward to seeing you all on Saturday 3 December, 12-5pm at Discovery College.