The Family Fun Day this past Saturday was everything we have come to expect of this biggest DCPTA fundraiser of the year and more. Wonderful games, delicious food and a great variety of commercial and charity stalls all resulted in a perfect day for so many of our DC families and visitors from the whole community.
Thank you to all the parents, teachers, students and support staff who volunteered – Family Fun Day would not be the huge success it is without all of your help.
Highlights of the day included:
- Delicious international food stalls from Canada, China, Germany, India, the Mediterranean, Japan, Korea, the Philippines, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Thailand, the United Kingdom, the United States of America, as well as a Plant-based stall and the Discovery College Cake Stall
- Face painting, nail painting and coloured hairspray in the Granite Courtyard on the LG/F
- Bands, choir and musical entertainment by DC students
- Performances including dance, kids aerobics, judo, karate, yoga, Capoeira and Zumba
- Bubble Soccer, Laser-tag from Epicland and the Texas Shoot-Out Nerf Gun Challenge games including Scavenger Hunt, Climbing Wall and many more
- Discovery College teacher-run bar
- Bouncy castles from Jumping Castles HK
- A wonderful selection of commercial and charity stalls
Congratulations to the winners of the wonderful prizes in the Family Fun Day Tombola.
And a huge thank you to the many companies and local businesses who supported Family Fun Day – with sponsorship and donations of goods and services – including Chartwells, Ashni, Uncle Russ coffee shops, The Silver Line, United Store, Gillians Kitchen, Relosmart, YogaUp, Dudes, Hoopla, Chartwells, 5th Avenue & 13th Element, Food Morning International, Tamco Holdings, Just Green, The Earth Collection, DB E-Shop, Zen sisters, Tora Denmark, Iglooz Limited, Farah & Co, Tlali Food, ESF Sports, United Store, Jumping Castles HK, Highjump Photography, Epicland, Hong Kong Resorts, Parsons White Wealth Management, a Partner Practice of St. James’s Place Wealth Management, and of course DB Green and DC’s Green Cobras for making the event more environmentally friendly.