This week there has been one confirmed case of Influenza A in Year 1. We would like to remind parents that the Center for Health Protection (CHP) advises that students be kept home from school if they display any flu-like symptoms including a temperature greater than 37.5, coughing, runny nose or fever. Please be encouraged to take the following measures to help prevent respiratory illnesses and influenza.
- Receive seasonal influenza vaccination for personal protection.
- Build up good body immunity by having a proper diet, regular exercise, and adequate sleep.
- Maintain good personal and environmental hygiene.
- Keep hands clean and wash hands properly.
- Cover nose and mouth while sneezing or coughing and dispose of nasal and mouth discharge properly.
- Wash hands after sneezing, coughing, or cleaning nose.
- Maintain good ventilation.
- Avoid crowded places with poor ventilation.
- Do not send Children to school with fever or respiratory problems.
- Children should not attend school until 48 hours after their fever or symptoms have subsided.
- Continue to monitor temperatures at home.
- Seek medical advice promptly if symptoms of respiratory tract infection or fever develop.
Please assist us in keeping the student body healthy and notify us if your child is off school with these symptoms and later confirmed to have Influenza A or B by sending through a copy of the medical certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org
The latest information on influenza activity can be found in the following website http://www.chp.gov.hk/en/view_content/14843.html.
Your vigilance and cooperation will help us work to maintain a healthy school environment for our children during influenza season.