Back home
Cobra Sport

ACAMIS Swim competition

Posted: March 31, 2017

The Cobras swim team recently competed in the ACAMIS competition hosted by Dulwich College Suzhou and Suzhou Singapore International School. 26 swimmers competed in a high level competition with schools from HK and China. After months of hard work and training, their efforts paid off in the pool with strong performances, personal bests and podium finishes for some of our athletes. A big thank you to Ms La Brooy and Mr Croucher who accompanied and supported the team; the trip could not have happened without them. We had a very successful ACAMIS season and we are already looking forward to the next one!

Two of our senior team athletes have shared their experiences with you.

Michelle Wang, Y12
This past weekend, DC Swim Team travelled to Suzhou, China to compete at ACAMIS.This was my first time competing and I had a really great and fun experience. We got to compete against other schools outside of Hong Kong. It was a great meet for competitive swim and bonding with teammates. When I received my awards at the podium, I was very proud to be able to represent DC. Overall, DC placed 11th out of 22 schools.

Anthony Chen, Y10
This was my first time at the ACAMIS Swimming Competition, and it was a very exciting 2 days. The best parts of the competition were winning the two silver medals for the medley and freestyle relays. In these two races, I managed to not only break my personal best time, but anchor the DC team to success.

On the first day, Doh Young, Kyle, Raymond and I swam the medley relay (backstroke, breaststroke, butterfly and freestyle) and we were ecstatic when we won the silver medal. This win gave us even more motivation and confidence for the freestyle relay the next day. We all swam our best for each other, not wanting to let the team down.

I also really enjoyed swimming the freestyle relay with Raymond, Doh Young and Horeb because it gave me a feeling of teamwork and accomplishment that I felt the individual races lacked, compared to the relay. It was a great feeling when I anchored the relay and helped my team win second place again and this experience will stick with me for many years to come.