There has been three confirmed cases of Influenza A in Year 8 and one case of Influenza B in Y7. Due to the higher than usual levels of influenza in Hong Kong this season, the Center for Health Protection (CHP) advises that students have their temperatures monitored daily and be kept home from school if they display any flu-like symptoms including a temperature greater than 37.5, coughing, runny nose or fever. Please be encouraged to take the following measures to help prevent respiratory illnesses and influenza.
- Do not send Children to school with fever or respiratory problems.
- Children should not attend school until 48 hours after their fever or symptoms have subsided without the assistance of fever reducing medication.
- Inform the school if your child is absent due to fever or flu like symptoms
- Continue to monitor temperatures at home.
- Seek medical advice promptly if symptoms of respiratory tract infection or fever develop.
- Inform the school nurse if your child is diagnosed with Influenza A or B
- Build up good body immunity by having a proper diet, regular exercise, and adequate sleep.
- Maintain good personal and environmental hygiene.
- Keep hands clean and wash hands properly.
- Cover nose and mouth while sneezing or coughing and dispose of nasal and mouth discharge properly.
- Wash hands after sneezing, coughing, or cleaning nose.
- Maintain good ventilation.
- Avoid crowded places with poor ventilation.
Your vigilance and cooperation will help us work to maintain a healthy school environment for our children during influenza season. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any question.