Each year a group of students help coordinate the collection and sale of unwanted textbooks. The hope is to help families out as well as the environment and to raise some money for the International Care Ministries, who work with the ultra poor in the Philippines. We are wanting textbooks that students in secondary need next year, so if you have any of the titles below that are in reasonable condition and you would like to get rid of, then please bring them to school. Books can either be dropped off in Mrs Osborne’s room (2208) or on the library return box in the foyer (please label any bags you leave there as for the second hand sale).
The sale will take place on Tuesday 20 and Wednesday 21 June (last week) at lunchtime and after school. All books will be sold for $100. Titles wanted are (please do not bring in titles that are not the required ones):
- Maths for the International Student by Haese 7, 8 or 9 (Y7, Y8, Y9)
- Cambridge International Mathematics Extended 0607 (Y10-Y11)
- Pre-diploma SL & HL (MYP 5 Plus): Presumed knowledge for SL & HL 3rd edition (Y11 extended students only)
- KS3 Science Complete study and practice paper (Y7-Y9)
- Complete Chemistry Cambridge for IGCSE (Y10-Y11)
- Complete Physics Cambridge for IGCSE (Y10-Y11)
- Edexcel IGCSE Biology Student Handbook (Y10-Y11)
- Chinese Made Easy 3rd edition – any level textbook and workbook (minimal writing inside) (Y7-Y11)
- Gente Joven 1, 2 or 3 (Y9-Y11)
Plus any DP textbooks.