The ESF 50th Anniversary Marathon is the major community engagement event organised by ESF for the 50th anniversary calendar of events. It will be comprised of a running course of 1km to 10km along the Central Harbourfront, with adjacent community activities and carnival at Edinburgh Place in Central on Sunday 22 October. We encourage all DC families and friends to come along and participate in this auspicious occasion. Registrations have already reached over 1,500 people, and ESF has decided to expand this number to 2,000 based on a first come-first served basis, so please sign up and enter quickly.
- The event is open to the whole ESF community (including your students, parents, alumni, teachers, staff members and friends);
- There will be an open-stage at Edinburgh Place (outside of City Hall) where DC/ESF students will be putting on a range of short performances, which will be open to public;
- A Community Carnival is part of the event and DC students will be assisting on game stalls or booths for the Carnival;
- Races will be Adult (over 16) 10km, Secondary student 3km & 6km, Primary family 3km, and Primary student/Family walk 1km.
- Online registration for this event has been extended until the race maximum of 2,000 people has been reached. Go to marathon.esf.edu.hk
- Entry is $180 per runner ($300-400 per family group). Entry fees will include a race bag & t-shirt, race timing chip with bib cloth, water bottle, refreshment voucher, community carnival ticket and runner guide. Proceeds will be donated to the new HK Childrens’ Hospital.