You may have heard the phrase ‘circle time’ from your son or daughter recently and wondered what they are talking about. Circle time is a structured framework for group interaction that focusses on developing:
- a sense of belonging and connectedness
- Increased emotional resources and wellbeing
- collaborative decision making, conflict resolution and problem solving
- self-awareness, knowledge and skills
- knowledge and understanding of others
Most importantly, circle time is fun for all involved. There is always laughter, sharing and new learning; no wonder circle time becomes a favorite of many students. Take some time this weekend to ask your child what they enjoy most about circle time.