The flu season is upon us and there has been a reported case of Influenza A. Please monitor your child’s temperature before school and do not send them to school if they show any flu-like symptoms ie: coughing, running nose or fever. Please be encouraged to take the following measures to help prevent respiratory illnesses and influenza.
- Do not send children to school with a fever or respiratory problems
- Children should not attend school until 48 hours after their fever and symptoms have subsided without the assistance of fever reducing medication
- Continue to monitor temperatures at home
- Notify the school if your child is absent, inform the nurse if they are diagnosed with influenza A or B
- Build up a good body immunity by having a proper diet, regular exercise and adequate sleep
- Maintain good personal and environmental hygiene
- Wash hands after sneezing or coughing
- Maintain good ventilation
- Avoid crowded places with poor ventilation
As you may be aware the flu vaccine is now available in Hong Kong so contact your medical clinic and ask for information as the CHP does recommend the vaccine. For any further information please check the Government website http:/www.chp.gov.hk.