Tomorrow the best family event of the year is back at Discovery College – Family Fun Day. We have a whole lot of fun planned for everyone. Bring your family and friends this Saturday to enjoy a wonderful afternoon of:
- Delicious international food stalls from Australia/New Zealand, Brazil, Canada, China, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Korea, the Netherlands, the Philippines, Russia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Thailand, the United Kingdom, the United States of America, as well as the Discovery College healthy food stall and cake stall
- Face painting and coloured hairspray in the LG/F
- Bands, choir and musical entertainment by DC students
- Performances including dance, kids aerobics, judo, karate, Capoeira and Zumba
- ESA ICON Soccer Challenge and the Texas Shoot-Out Nerf Gun Challenge
- Games including Dunk the Teacher, Climbing Wall and many more
- Discovery College teacher-run bar
- Bouncy castles from Jumping Castles HK on the Foreshore
- Tombola with a great selection of prizes to be won for the whole family
- A wonderful selection of commercial and charity stalls
Please volunteer for just one hour to help with an activity. We can’t do it without your help. The Tombola game, drinks station, bouncy castles, Texas Shoot-out Game and the Cake Stall all need volunteers. Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to help out.
Stamp cards on sale now. You will need a stamp card to ‘pay’ for most games. You can buy discounted chop cards for $90 this week at the school entrance before and after school or in the PTA shop on Friday. Cards will also be available on the day at $100 for 10 chops.
Calling all bakers. Cakes, cupcakes, muffins, slices, biscuits, all donations will be gratefully received by the Cake Stall. Please bring your donations on Friday after 4.00pm or on Saturday morning at 9am to the G/F Cafeteria. No nuts please.
Going Green. Bring your own reusable plate and container with you on Saturday and support the DC Green Cobras in making our events more environmentally friendly. If you forget to bring your own, you can borrow one for a small, returnable, deposit. Please bring your filled water bottle, which you can re-fill throughout the day using our DC water fountains.
We are looking forward to seeing you all on Saturday 9 December, 12-5pm at Discovery College.