There have been reported cases of students with vomiting symptoms this week. The Centre for Health Protection encourages parents to take the following measures to help prevent gastroenteritis type illnesses:
- Maintain high standards of personal, food and environmental hygiene
- Wash hands with liquid soap and water before handling food, eating, after going to toilet or changing diapers
- Carefully wash fruits and vegetables before preparing and eating them
- Cook all food, particularly shellfish, thoroughly before consumption
- Refrain from attending work or school, and seek medical advice if suffering from vomiting or diarrhea
- Cleanse vomitus/faeces and disinfect the contaminated areas immediately with 1 part of household bleach containing 5.25% sodium hypochlorite in 49 parts of water
- Wear gloves and a mask while disposing of or handling vomitus and faeces, and wash hands thoroughly afterwards
Please be advised if your child has any symptoms such as vomiting or diarrhea (2 or more times within 24 hours) they are to remain off school for a further 48 hours after the last episode of vomiting or diarrhea to prevent it from spreading to other students.
Your vigilance and cooperation will help us maintain a healthy school environment.