The music department would like to invite students to apply to be a music captain this academic year. If you are passionate about music and would like to get more involved in the music culture here at the College and play a leading role then please read below.
The role of Music Captain is a leadership opportunity for students passionate about music. Music Captains will represent the music department and assist with the running of key music events, mentor younger musicians and develop ideas to improve the music department. This is also a great opportunity to learn new skills and gain valuable experience running concerts, and in sound engineering and recording techniques.
The role includes:
- Support with the set up and running of concerts and assemblies
- Sharing of duties such as the role of an MC at music events, backstage managers, sound engineering
- Supporting Secondary curriculum bands, Primary bands, and choral groups. This includes workshopping bands, instrument and vocal workshops, and/or mentoring younger musicians
- Taking a leading role in ensembles including sectional leaders and supporting peers
- Roster to maintain and supervise practice rooms during break time (when available)
- Sharing of ideas to further improve the music department, including taking care of the music library and having input into selecting pieces
- Communicate student voice to the music department
- Possibilities of running or co-running or conducting ensembles
If you are interested in applying complete this form by FRIDAY 23 AUGUST 2019 with your expression of interest and answer the two questions below:
- Why you would like to be a music captain?
- What skills and contributions can you provide to enhance the music department?
Shortlisted applicants will be called back for a short interview.