It’s a BIG time of year – The Big Picnic is on Saturday 9 November 2019.
The Big Picnic, formerly Picnic in the Park, is an annual, free family-friendly outdoor music and dance festival held at Discovery Bay’s Main Plaza and Tai Pak Beach. With 12 hours of live entertainment on four great stages, a kids’ zone, food, beverages and Handmade Hong Kong market stalls, there is something for everyone to enjoy. Plus, proceeds from the event are donated to Plastic Free Seas. Members of the DC community have always been involved in The Big Picnic, and this year is no different.
We’re proud to support:
- DC Student Bands performing on the Plaza Stage
- Aeden Alvarez performing on the Acoustic Stage
- Saxon & Jarvis Whittaker performing on the Acoustic Stage
- The DC Student Technical Crew helping on the Plaza Stage
- DC alumni on the organising team
- The Naggin Eejits performing on the Beach Stage
- Grounded performing on the Beach Stage
- Paul Michael DJing in the plaza
Additionally, if you can spare a few hours of your day, please sign up to volunteer through this link HERE.
Wristbands can be bought in the PTA Shop or online HERE or in the Foyer on Monday 4 and Tuesday 5 November before and after school. Early bird prices have been extended to Wednesday 6 November. Wristbands are optional as the event is totally free, but we strongly encourage everyone to buy them as proceeds go to Plastic Free Seas. Wristband holders get discounts at the food village and bars, as well as access to the Kids’ Zone (for this, both a supervising adult and the child need a wristband). We’re offering 10% OFF wristbands for the DC Community which can also be used in conjunction with early bird prices. Use code: DC80. We look forward to seeing you all on the BIG day. Show your DC spirit and come out and support our talented students.