We hope the remote learning programme is working well for your family and the slight amendment to the structure of the day has enabled a more balanced learning experience. We continue to receive positive feedback from our community, with a snapshot sample generating positive comments focused on:
- The variety of resources being used
- Clear and focused learning objectives that help student understanding of what is expected
- Teachers striving to make learning fun and engaging
- The patience, helpfulness and general online availability of teachers
Parents and students have also commented how they appreciate the certainty of a structured routine and this is something we will maintain over the coming weeks.
We are determined to continue to provide high quality learning experiences and I am truly thankful for the expertise and commitment of our teachers, the positive engagement from students and the support of parents.
We are also reflective on areas for continuous improvement. Over the last week we have been looking to see how we can further develop our practices in order to ensure learning is accessible and manageable for all. These will be ‘tweaks’ within lessons and teachers are continuing to work hard to reflect on and further develop their online practices.
The Year 13 students and their progression towards their final exams is a key priority at this time. Brian McCann has been in regular contact with Year 13 students and parents to keep them informed of what we are doing to support their learning. This has included:
- Ensuring the completion of Internal Assessments as planned
- Redesigning the Group 4 project with the Science and Design Technology teams
- Rescheduling of trial exams so they can still take place, even within an online format
Thank you again for your support of our work, it is very much appreciated during this challenging period of time. As ever, I am open to feedback so please feel free to contact me if you have any points you would like to raise for further discussion.
Have an enjoyable weekend and I hope you and your family have time to relax over the next couple of days.
Head of Secondary