We are very much looking forward to the students returning to campus and I would like to build on the information that James Smith shared yesterday.
Please see below for some key information that is specific for Secondary:
Days on-site for students
- Please see below for the days in which each year group is expected on-site and the days they will be off-site.
- You should note that the pattern varies slightly between Friday June 5 and Monday June 8 for Year 10 and 11. This is to ensure that each year experiences Days 1 to 10 of the timetable on-site and off-site across a 4-week period.
- Details for Monday June 22 and Tuesday 23 will be confirmed nearer the time
- Students will continue with online Zoom lessons for the days in which they are working off-site.
Timings for the Day
- As we return to school, Secondary students will revert to our usual later lunchtime. This will apply whether students are in school or are working at home.
- I will provide further information regarding the structure of lunchtime sessions and the end of the school day by email next week.
- Please see below for details and note that learning teams will only happen when students are on-site.
- Teaching groups will be assigned to 2 classrooms which will act as their ‘home base’ for the majority of their lessons.
- They will still be using specialist classrooms for subjects such as Design, Art, Music, Drama, Science and PHE. The layout within these classrooms has been amended to comply with Health and Safety guidelines.
- Students should look out for an email next week which will explain this and they will need to check their timetables for updates as many of their rooms will change.
- On days in which students have PHE, they will attend school in PE uniform for the whole day. This is to avoid the need to change in the changing rooms, where social distancing is likely to be more difficult.
Please look out for emails next week which will give further year group specific information and further updates regarding class resumption.
In the meantime, take care and have a great weekend.
Head of Secondary