Please note that you will start to see the entries from previous challenges appearing over the next few weeks.
Grow – How has someone helped me grow as a learner?
Over the past few months DC teachers have been going the extra mile, continuing to provide quality learning opportunities for students and guiding them on their next steps. This week’s challenge is an opportunity to recognise a teacher who has helped you grow over the past few months.
- Create a short video message (max. 30 seconds) to thank and acknowledge a teacher who has helped you grow over the past few months.
- Submit your video clip using this google link
- Submission deadline – Friday 5 June 2020
Once we have received your videos, we will put together a video collage and share it through the Explorer.
Week 6 Community Challenge deadline is extended: Celebrate and understand the diversity of DC.
Submission deadline is now: Monday 1 June, 10.30am
Celebrate and understand the diversity of DC.
- Create a handprint of your own hand by tracing around your fingers on a piece of paper or card.
- Decorate your handprint with words and/or images that answer the question “What makes you You?”
- Cut out your hand as carefully as you can, bring it into school, and place it in the community challenge box at the school entrance.
- We will collect and showcase the hands so that we can show our community “What makes us Us?”
You can decorate your handprint in any way you like. Here are some suggestions to get you started. You could include: Words, images, colours, stories, shapes, or patterns. Write a list of your character strengths, your special powers, or how you are differently abled. Celebrate your religion, culture, your sporting hero, your family, your friends, and who you love. Celebrate your name, gender, ethnicity, or nationality.
Submission location: Cut out your hand as carefully as you can, bring it into school, and place it in the Community Challenge box at the school entrance.