Back home
Primary

Primary – First Week in Review

Posted: August 14, 2020

It was wonderful to see so many of you on our Zoom Assemblies this week as we launched the 2020-21 academic year. I wasn’t so sure if we’d be able to feel the same excitement as if we were running through the school gates but the energy was palpable.

I want to thank all of our families for helping us in ensuring a positive start to the year. We know that checking internet connections, Zoom logins and microphone settings wasn’t how any of us wanted to start, but we’ve been able to have a successful start because of your support, patience and confidence in us as professionals.

I also want to thank you for understanding that things don’t always work and being flexible with us as we navigate distance learning together. Your supportive emails and comments have been greatly appreciated as we find solutions for moving forward.

I’d like to thank our support teams, especially ICT in particular, for responding to many technical questions over the course of the week. I’m happy to say we got there at the end and its because of the dedication and diligence of the team behind the scenes.

I’d like to thank our teaching teams and educational assistants who gave 110% this week in pulling together dynamic live Zoom sessions and engaging learning tasks for the students in Years 1-6. I have been blown away by the energy, positivity, creativity, dedication and professionalism across the school and cannot wait to see what’s to come.

Finally, and most importantly, I’d like to thank our students. Your resilience, perseverance and smiling faces are the reasons why all of the adults were able to support you. The moment you flashed onto our screens, we were reminded where we belong and why we do what we do.

Although it is only the end of my first week as Head of Primary, I know I’m in the right place and am so proud of how we came together as a community this week.

I look forward to the rest of our journey together. Now unplug, unwind and enjoy the weekend ahead.

Josh Blue
Head of Primary