Back home
Primary

Primary Update

Posted: August 21, 2020

As the term has continued into its first full week, we have been carefully examining how online learning at Discovery College is going. 

I have appreciated those of you who have reached out to share your thoughts, perspectives and ideas. We have also sought insight from across the international schools sector to ensure we are capturing best practice as schools continue to adapt to a different way of working. I understand that this isn’t the way you wanted the school year to start and it certainly wasn’t the way I had envisioned stepping into this role in August.

I have read your emails and listened to you on the phone this week, and we are actively exploring future changes to the approach to online learning based on your feedback and the experiences of all our stakeholders. Based on the feedback we have received so far and the data that will be collected in a parent/student survey being sent next week, we are going to continue to evolve Distance Learning at DC. Next week you will see the addition of specialist Zoom times on the Learning Grids. With the wider community perspective collected over the next week, this will inform the next steps in our model. This will enable us to work in partnership with you to ensure that our model works for you as our families and is sustainable from a learning and teaching perspective.

I am committed, as are the entire teaching staff of Discovery College, to meet the needs of this community through whatever period we find ourselves learning online.

Josh Blue
Head of Primary