Back home
Whole College

Life on campus continues to resume

Posted: September 25, 2020

I know I speak for the entire DC staff in saying that we were ecstatic to have welcomed even more students back this week, and can feel our campus coming to life.  As teachers and students get back to more regular routines, I want to take a moment to thank those who made our return to campus possible.  It is safe to say that we would not be back on campus without the tireless work of our wonderful cleaners, security guards and site staff who have spent countless hours preparing the school for the safe return of our students. I would also like to thank our DC students, staff and community for the agility and spirit they have shown in taking part in extensive preparations, and enacting the precautions necessary to get back to campus including temperature checks, mask wearing, lunch preparation and social distancing. A continued focus on these things will be vital going forward.

One of the highlights of the week for me was visiting our youngest students in their new classrooms. As I walked in to one classroom, a group of students immediately drew me over to the work they were doing, and shared their excitement in what they were learning – in fact they couldn’t wait for each other to finish their explanations, they were so keen to tell me all about what was happening. Great learning has happened across DC throughout the term so far, but it was clear to me that what was really driving their excitement on this occasion was their interaction with each other, and their teachers, and the chance to get hands on with a classroom and resources that they are just beginning to encounter and explore. We have been waiting for this period of resumption for a long time, and many of our families are still needing to wait until Tuesday next week. Through our work together as a community we are proving that it is absolutely worth the wait, and that when we come together, great things can happen.

James Smith
Principal

It is safe to say that we would not be back on campus without the tireless work of our wonderful cleaners, security…

ESF Discovery College 发布于 2020年9月24日周四