Back home
Secondary

Secondary – Parent and Student Voice

Posted: September 11, 2020

The notions of ‘agency’ and voice for all stakeholders in our community is a key aspect of our ongoing drive to ensure the best learning outcomes possible for all of our students. It helps us to understand and gain insight to student experiences so that we can act on feedback as we continue to modify and refine our practices. With this in mind, over the last few weeks I have been conducting focus groups with students and parents from Year 7 to Year 13. This has enabled me to spot patterns of feedback regarding our current approach to online learning, and subsequently develop some action points that I will use with our teachers and leaders as we move forward.

If you have the opportunity, please take a few minutes to look at the overview of the key outcomes from this process. You may notice that some points are specific to online learning whilst others will be more generally applicable to any classroom context. I will repeat this process at an appropriate time in the near future as we further develop our cycles of feedback so that we are always looking for points of improvement.

As ever, I am always open to feedback and conversations so please feel free to reach out and contact me if there is a question you have or something you would like to share.

Have a great weekend and we look forward to welcoming your children back on campus very soon.

Mark Poulsum
Head of Secondary