During the course of the school year we host a range of Primary Parent Workshops focused on building a shared understanding of how our DC learners GROW, DISCOVER and DREAM. These workshops are aimed at building a ‘parents as partners’ approach to supporting students as they journey through the primary school.
Parent education at Discovery College aims to:
- Inform parents of the different aspects of the Primary Years Programme.
- Equip parents with relevant and current strategies to support learning at home.
- Identify and address needs that arise from the parent community.
- Strengthen relationships and communication between the school and home.
We are pleased to announce our first two Come Learn With Us workshops of the year. Please see details below including a Google form for you to sign up for the sessions.
The two learning opportunities are:
- Friday 30 October 2020, 9-10.15am
Supporting your child’s early language development in Years 1-2.
- Friday 30 October 2020, 11am-12.15pm
Supporting your child’s language development in Years 3-6.
Further workshops will be scheduled during the course of the school year.
For more information and to register for these learning sessions please click HERE. Please note due to the current CHP restrictions, these workshops will be in a webinar format via Zoom. Once you have registered for the workshop, and a few days prior to the workshop, you will be sent the zoom link.
Primary Leadership Team