I’m delighted to inform you that DC will be running a three day adapted No Boundaries programme, from Wednesday 18 to Friday 20 November 2020. No Boundaries is an important part of our curriculum, providing opportunities to engage in meaningful experiential learning outside of the normal classroom context, so we feel that it is important to keep it in the learning calendar and for it to be hosted entirely on the school campus.
The programme offers students a wide range of experiential learning opportunities including:
- adventure based learning activities
- team-based problem solving challenges
- service learning workshops
- live guest speaker workshops with our community partners
- teacher and student-led workshops (e.g., bicycle maintenance, culinary arts, investment foundations and the art of presenting)
- health, sports, fitness and wellbeing activities
Please see link to the programme schedule here.
Due to the active nature of many of the experiences within the programme, it is recommended that students from Years 7-11 wear school PE kit for all three days.
Students in Year 12 should wear active sportswear which aligns with the student dress policy in the Parent and Student Handbook.
Teacher and student-led workshops
As part of the NB programme, there will be a range of experiential learning workshops for students to choose from. Students will be able to sign up for workshops via a google form, which will be sent out to students on Monday 9 November and will close on Wednesday 11 November 2020.
No Boundaries week timetable arrangements
- Monday 16 November – Day 1 in the timetable schedule
- Tuesday 17 November – Day 7 in the timetable schedule
- Wednesday 18 to Friday 20 November – Day 0 in the timetable schedule
The week following the No Boundaries programme will continue from Day 1 as normal.
No Programme fee
We have made every effort to keep the cost for NB 2020 at a minimum this year and are pleased to say that all activity costs will be covered, so no payment from parents is required.
Should you have any questions about the programme, please do not hesitate to get in touch.