Join us for No Boundaries Live where we will have a chat with our No Boundaries partners, share live student performances and screen student-produced documentaries. Our No Boundaries Live wraps up our No Boundaries week and starts on Friday 20 November 2020 at 5.30pm. See you there.
Here are a few words from our Head of Secondary, Mark Poulsum, about this year’s No Boundaries programme.
A few months ago when we realised travel in November 2020 was not a realistic prospect, we had a decision to make regarding No Boundaries and whether it should go ahead. Through our discussions it became clear that it formed a key part of our curriculum and it should still happen, which gave us a real challenge in terms of:
- What would it look like?
- How would we make it work?
- How could we still achieve the NB learning outcomes?
I am delighted to reflect that the courage we took with this decision has paid off and we have experienced an extraordinary few days where the students:
- engaged with hands-on learning experiences and real-world connections to curriculum
- were provided with opportunities to deepen their appreciation of others
- developed self-awareness through personal, physical, intellectual and emotional challenges
- had the opportunity to consider a variety of perspectives when learning about ethical issues
- participated in activities that promote independence, leadership, responsibility, cooperation and goal setting.
- fostered international-mindedness in students through the development of all attributes of the IB Learner Profile
We should feel very proud of the approach that our students have taken, with their positivity and engagement being quite outstanding and I am sure they will have gained a lot from the experience. These few days have once again demonstrated how fortunate we are to have such a wonderful student community who are supported by our amazing staff. The dedication, expertise and responsiveness of our staff as they planned, adapted and delivered a whole host of workshops has been incredible. Furthermore, the leadership and commitment of Jonny Tate and Chris Ryan in making this happen has been fantastic and I am sure you will join me in thanking them for creating this opportunity.
As a point of reflection, it is through experiences such as No Boundaries where our five 5 DC Outcomes are demonstrated in different ways. We could certainly see our students flourish, achieve highly, show agency, demonstrate international mindedness and engage with principled action.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Head of Secondary