You will have seen the message from Belinda Greer about the tragic death of a student at Renaissance College. As a community we are deeply saddened by this event and want to reach out with some guidance around support in response to this tragic event. Should you feel your child needs some additional support over the next days and weeks, please reach out to your child’s class teacher or learning team advisor. For urgent matters, please remember that staff may not be able to respond over the weekend, so you should contact emergency services if you have immediate concerns.
As we look to support each other during this time, we would like to remind you that there is also help out there beyond the school community. There are 24-hour hotlines if you feel you need to talk or your child needs support.
- The Samaritans: 2896 0000
- The Samaritan Befrienders Hong Kong offers online support at help4suicide.com.hk and a 24 hour hotline: 2389 2222
- Suicide Prevention Service: 2382 0000
- HKFYG Counselling Service: 2777 8899
- HKFYG uTouch Portal has an online chat forum from 2pm to midnight (Monday to Saturday) at utouch.hk