With our first virtual Career Fair scheduled for Wednesday 9 June, the HEO is busily trying to source representatives from a variety of different career fields. In particular, we are looking for parents and community members from the following industries:
Business, Creative Arts, Health Sciences (Medicine, Vet and Health Professions), Human Services & Education, Law, Government and Politics, Skilled and Technical Services (Culinary Arts, Trade, Personal Care Services), and STEM.
Date: Wednesday 9 June 2021
Audience: 100 Year 11 students (Age 15-16 years old)
Event details: Three 50 minute sessions shared with similar career professionals. Each professional will speak for 10-15 minutes per session.
Here are guiding questions that will need to be covered during your session(s):
- Official Title
- What is________? State what industry and sector
- What sparked your interest in this career?
- Skills & Qualifications your Career requires (degrees, certifications, training, apprenticeship, experience, etc.)
- Your own pathway into this career and other possible pathways into this career
- What do you do on a typical day?
- Perks and Challenges (salary ranges, flexibility, good benefits, travel, etc.)
- What keeps you interested in and excited about your career?
To register your expression of interest in taking part and for further information and details, please fill out this simple Google Form by Friday 7 May 2021.
Many thanks in advance for your support with this very important event.
Susie Blomfield and Marisa Jackson
Higher Education Counsellors