We are really looking forward to DC’s first-ever Future Week starting next Monday 13 September.
The HEO and their ambassadors have organised an exciting and inspiring line up of workshops and seminars throughout the week which will hopefully trigger some interesting discussions at home regarding the myriad of opportunities that will be available to your children after life at DC.
- Monday: Student-led workshops with DC alums covering topics specifically requested by students including the transition from MYP to DP/CP/Courses, opportunities of apprenticeships and work experience, and student life at university
- Tuesday: Seminar: Discover What you Love: Genevieve James will lead an interactive session with Year 10 students focused on identifying personal strengths and interests
- Wednesday: Webinar: Well-being & Student Life in Times of Uncertainty: Dr Anisha Abraham will talk to Year 12 & 13 students about the important transition between high school and university and practical strategies to overcome various challenges
- Thursday: Webinar: Navigating Future Options: Anthony Braybrooke & Kristin Loong from the University of Leicester will discuss with Year 11 students the diverse snd exciting range of opportunities available after school
- Friday: Webinar: Planning Your Career in an Age of Uncertainty: Professor John Shields from the University of Sydney will encourage Year 12 & 13 students to think about the idea of career ‘shape-shifting’ and explore why career planning is now more important than ever.
Visit the event website for further details on the exciting events during DC Future Week: https://www.parents.discovery.edu.hk/futureweek