The 2nd Online International Chinese Language Festival 2021/2022 is now launched. A global event hosted by the Chinese Language Festival Association, the Festival is participated in by students and children from all over the world, either through their schools and education organisations as co-organisers, or as individual competitors. The festival aims to promote Chinese language education and to provide an opportunity for the participants to understand and appreciate Chinese culture. It is a platform for young learners to showcase their talent in using the language as a medium of creativity, presentation and communication. Discovery College students are cordially invited by the organisers to this global event.
The Chinese Language Festival is held in 8 regions:
Participants: Students of 4-24 years of age, in kindergartens, primary and secondary schools, tertiary institutions or home schooling.
• Native Speakers – Both parents are of Chinese origin, using Chinese as their primary language.
• Non Native Speakers – With one or both non-Chinese background parents, using other languages as primary language even though parents are of Chinese origin.
Types of Entries:
1. All works for competition must honour the mission of the event, and must not contain any content of violence, crime, obscenity, bullying, hatred, discrimination, etc.
2. Participants must enter items of the correct age group. Each participant can register one to three items.
3. Work submitted must match the name of the competition item entered, e.g. for competition item “Self-selected Five-Character Quatrain”, the recital work submitted must be a Chinese poem with four lines and 5 characters in a line.
4. Putonghua must be used in all speaking and performing items. Both simplified and traditional Chinese characters are accepted and equally credited for written work.
5. All writing must be handwritten. Both traditional and simplified Chinese are accepted. Writing needs to be neat and legible.
6. Submitted work, including but not limited to composition and visual art, must not bear the participant’s name or any other personal information.
7. Submitted video must be a full-body video, with reasonable space above the head, for the judges to assess the participant’s stage manner and to determine whether the performance matches the characteristics of the work presented.
8. Videos must be shot indoors in a quiet, well-lit environment. The background of each video must be simple and clear.
9. Images and videos must be the original take with no editing or post-production refinement.
10. For performing items, appropriate props, music, and costumes may be used, although they are not necessarily essential for credit.
11. Recital videos must not contain music or sound effect.
12. For recital items, participants must report the title of the work and the name of the author before starting. Either modern or archaic pronunciation may be used for classical poetry, each earning equal credits.
Date for Entry Submission: 30 November 2021 – 31 March 2022
Result Announcement: May 2022
1. 1st, 2nd and 3rd Prizes, as well as Award of Merit, will be given to the best performance in each competition categories in each age group, in the form of Certificate of Award.
2. Championship will be awarded to three participants in each age group, who, each representing a different category, have topped the total score in that age group. Certificate of Award and Trophy will be presented.
3. Chinese Language Festival Ambassador, the highest award, will be given to 1-2 most outstanding winners, presented in Certificate of Award, Trophy and Cash Award.
4. Excellence of Participation is awarded to the schools and organisations with best, or the largest number of, participants, given in the form of Award Certificate and a banner.
5. Excellent Coaching Teacher is awarded to any one teacher whose pupils have collectively won 10 or more 1st, 2nd and/or 3rd Prizes. Award Certificate will be given.
Please visit https://www.chineselanguagefestival.com for detailed information. Click HERE for online registration.
If you have any questions regarding this event, please contact us by sending an email to: email@example.com