Back home
Secondary

About Career-Related Programme

Posted: November 4, 2022

What is an IB Career-related Programme?
Discovery College offers ‘IB Career-related Programme’ (CP), alongside the IB Diploma Programme (DP), as an option for students in Years 12-13. The CP is the most recent and fourth International Baccalaureate programme (along with the PYP, MYP and DP). This programme provides a pathway in which students select DP subjects alongside external courses matching their career interests. Thus, it’s better suited for students who want to start specialising and heading towards their career path and who possess good self-organisation and time management skills as they need to do well in both school-based and external courses.

Aeden Reyes, who graduated from the CP programme in 2020 completing the external course in Musical Theatre in the Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts, shared his experience:
“The course that APA provides for young and aspiring performing artists is the best head start any student could get in Hong Kong. Looking back, I think about how lucky I was to have the opportunity to take these specialised classes and exercise my passion for performing, but I also think about how much I would’ve missed out on if I didn’t take the chance. In just two years, I am 1000% more knowledgeable and prepared for what the performing art industry has to offer. I’ve had great teachers and mentors and I was lucky to be taught by them.”

Students in the current Year 11 are encouraged to start thinking about possible pathways to Higher Education as an info and straw-poll session is planned to take place on Extended LT on Wednesday 9 November.