While we are in the midst of ‘Influenza Season’ and after a busy few weeks with school camps, No Boundaries and Hong Kong Hustle some students may being coming down cold or flu like symptoms.
We would like to remind parents that during ‘influenza season’ in Hong Kong, the Center for Health Protection (CHP) advises that students be kept home from school if they display any flu-like symptoms including a temperature greater than 37.5, coughing, runny nose or fever. Please be encouraged to take the following measures to help prevent the spread of respiratory illnesses and influenza.
- Ensure children get adequate rest
- Remind children to wash their hands regularly and thoroughly
- Educate children to cover their cough with their elbow and dispose of tissues when used
- Do not send Children to school with fever or respiratory problems.
- Children should not attend school until 48 hours after their fever or symptoms have subsided.
- Continue to monitor temperatures at home.
- Seek medical advice promptly if symptoms of respiratory tract infection or fever develop.
The latest information on influenza activity can be found here. Your vigilance and cooperation will help us work to maintain a healthy school environment for our children during influenza season.