Back home
Primary

Colds and Flu

Posted: January 26, 2024

Dear Parents and Carers

I hope this message finds you well during the cooler temperatures we have experienced this week in Hong Kong. I have certainly found myself not wanting to remove my winter jacket, a sentiment I am sure many of you share.

Our return to school after the winter holidays has been filled with a range of learning engagements and activities, as highlighted in a separate update (please do take a look at the additional Primary Update this week). However, with the resumption of routine comes the inevitable increase in seasonal ailments such as coughs, colds, and various viral infections. This, of course, is not uncommon as our community reconvenes after a holiday period.

In light of this, I respectfully request your support towards the well-being of our school community. If your child exhibits cold-like symptoms, I urge you to consider their ability to participate fully and responsibly in school activities. It is essential to assess whether they can manage their symptoms with proper hygiene practices to prevent the spread of illness.

Making the decision to keep your child at home can be challenging, especially when they are eager to return to school. However, in these times when health concerns are slightly elevated, erring on the side of caution is advisable. A day of rest at home can be beneficial for your child’s recovery and the community’s health.

Your understanding and cooperation are essential in maintaining a safe and thriving environment for all. We appreciate your support and empathy towards fellow students and staff members.

Wishing you all a peaceful and restful weekend.

Best wishes

Ms Emma-Louise Cathrae